As an Intern in the role of a Financial Assistant you are part of the Fund of Funds Investments Team where you will focus on investment portfolio finance and controlling tasks.
This full-time, 18-months position starts in spring 2023.
Your Main Tasks
- Monitor financial performance of portfolio investments (funds and other financial intermediaries, as well as underlying investment companies)
- Ensure reporting quality of investees (under IFRS and IPEV) and follow up of information in coordination with the deal lead
- Analyze and process financial information provided by investees, review and plausibility check of underlying asset valuations
- Valuation of portfolio investments and support consolidation of asset value in fund of funds
- Ensure quality of procedures and information through regular maintenance of internal databases
- Secure data consistency among different parties, i.e. client, fund administrator
- Analyze portfolio data and support reporting to the team and various stakeholders on an ad hoc basis
- Assist in the preparation of the statement of investments and regular portfolio reporting to the board of directors and shareholders on a quarterly basis
- Provide active support in the improvement, development and implementation of operational procedures and workflows
- Assist in the preparation of annual financial statements and support audit processes
Your Experience and Skills
- Relevant bachelor degree, preferably in business or economics with solid analytical acumen and interest in capital markets and financial instruments
- Good understanding of business valuation methodologies and techniques; good accounting knowledge, IFRS would be considered as an asset
- Excellent excel skills are required; knowledge of eFront would be a plus
- Very good written and spoken German and English skills
- Good organizational skills with in-depth understanding of the importance of confidential and restricted information and the ability to handle it with the necessary discretion and care
- Self-motivated, autonomous and proactive personality who enjoys working in and being part of a culturally diverse team and relevant working environment; strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven analytical problem solving skills with sound business judgment and an eye for high-quality work with attention to detail, even when under pressure
- Ability to work in Switzerland without sponsorship
An exciting job, located in the city of Zurich, with plenty of room for personal initiative and within a multicultural, future-oriented environment, awaits you.